Technical Project Lead – Omics
Omics at TTP
TTP’s Omics team provides a core focus for TTP’s activities in genomics, proteomics and future omics. We are looking to build upon a decade of experience working with some of the most exciting start-ups in this field, including developing tools for sequencing, sample extraction and library preparation.
Exploring and creating our own novel IP, TTP are innovating across the Omics field from spatial biology and single cell analytics to novel approaches in RNA, DNA and protein sequencing.
The Omics team is part of our larger Life Sciences unit; working at the intersection of biology, physical science and engineering we invent, design and manufacture products and technologies in areas including (but not limited to) cell therapies, point of care diagnostics, high-throughput drug discovery, molecular detection and cancer screening.
Multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate to realise the most ambitious challenges set by our clients; global market leaders, as well as exciting technology start- and scale ups.
The Life Sciences team has been delivering consistent commercial growth; building on this growth we are looking for an experienced technical project leader to join our team.
We are looking for a Technical Project Lead who will not only be developing solutions to complex technical problems but also lead projects and build strong relationships with new and existing clients. You enjoy leading teams as well as being part of a team.
You will be involved in the full product development lifecycle, from requirement capture to delivering prototypes ready for manufacture. We are quick to give you a high degree of freedom and ownership in how you do your work.
As a project leader you will manage multi-phase projects for clients, acting as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. With little formal internal process, you will be providing technical leadership to the consultants in your project teams. You will have the opportunity to propose and develop entirely new technological and commercial offerings – with experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of technology.
This is somewhere to really make your mark. Working in a technically challenging and impact-driven company, with bright and ambitious peers.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.
- Demonstrative experience developing innovative products in a commercial environment
- An excellent academic record with a 2:1 or above undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or equivalent
- Experience leading technical (project) teams
- Capability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- Experience of using or developing ‘Omics technologies would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Some knowledge of the biological sciences and/or a practical understanding of product development in a regulated industry (e.g. ISO13485) would be beneficial but is not essential
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.