Global Business Development Lead – Cell & Gene
Some of the most exciting advances in the pharmaceutical industry are happening in the Cell and Gene Therapy space. Patients with a terminal prognosis are now being offered curative treatments, and we are starting to see interventions for chronic disease being developed too.
We work closely with our clients to unleash the promise of cell therapy by inventing technologies that address time, cost, and scale challenges in advanced therapies manufacturing.
Join TTP’s Cell & Gene team as our Global Business Development Lead and you’ll be sourcing and scoping opportunities that will enable patient access to lifesaving treatment.
As the Global Business Development Lead you’ll identify new business opportunities within the fast-growing field of Cell and Cene Therapy (CGT), including growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services, and finding new ways of reaching existing markets.
Business development within TTP is deeply integrated with our technical teams, forming close links between our capabilities. Working closely with our technical consultants you will use your own technical knowledge and business acumen to develop commercial propositions.
Building new, meaningful and long-term connections and relationships with the right members of the industry will come naturally to you, whilst identifying where near-term pains and longer-term opportunities lie.
At TTP insight gained through business development is a vital catalyst for the creation of new ideas and, as such, you will have an enquiring mind and strongly entrepreneurial outlook. You will also enjoy inspiring and nurturing business development capabilities in others.
You will stand out if you have:
- Demonstrative experience establishing new business relationships and building a significant leads and sales pipeline.
- In-depth knowledge of bioprocessing tools in the cell and gene therapy sector.
- An established network of contacts within the global cell and gene community, including the US.
- Strong academic credentials in engineering or science.
- The ability to develop effective sales and marketing collateral.
- A strong understanding of research and development and the commercialisation of technologies and products.
- Willingness to travel internationally, about 25% of the time, including attending conferences.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from TTP Campus, purpose-built sustainable offices, labs and green surroundings, 10 miles south of Cambridge.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships.