Business Developer (Eyecare) – Health Tech
One billion people worldwide suffer from preventable vision impairment conditions. Through our consultancy services, TTP’s Eyecare Team is already positively impacting this key growth sector. Are you ready to play a pivotal role for the team by finding and nurturing client relationships that fuel the team’s success? If you’re familiar with how tech is transforming vision care, you’ll know how exciting the space can be. And if you’re looking for the freedom to do your best work, you’ll fit in well at TTP…
It all starts with teamwork. You’ll join and work closely with our Eyecare Team as part of the Health Tech business unit. The team helps to invent high-tech solutions ranging from intraocular lenses to eye-measurement equipment. This isn’t product sales; we listen first and tailor our consultancy services to find the best solution for every client and every project. It’s about creating the kind of tech that will make a difference to people’s lives globally.
Your business development activities will build on TTP’s 20+ years of successful cutting-edge innovation in the space. This will involve advocating TTP’s reputation as the partner of choice for a wide range of organisations, from big strategics to the hottest start-ups – whether they are developing next-generation implants or using the eye as a window to the brain. Our deep eyecare-specific technical expertise and market knowledge mean that clients come to us when they need to solve a problem that has yet to be solved. The chances are, we’ve seen something like it before.
You’ll get to identify new business opportunities, including growth areas, trends, partnerships, products and services. We’ll trust in your expertise and proactivity to forge partnerships with the world’s most ambitious companies. And the fruit of your networking could have a long-lasting impact – once clients have worked with us, they usually do so again.
There will be opportunities to help develop and test TTP’s service offerings using technical, commercial and market insights. You’ll become the link between customers and TTP’s technical teams, scoping out opportunities for our services and defining qualified sales leads. It’s about refining an understanding of how the eyecare market operates, devising strategies for accessing it and understanding the customer’s needs.
Even our most experienced employees find opportunities to grow and develop while sharing their expertise with others. In this influential role, you’ll get to shape the Eyecare team’s approach to business development and mentor others to leverage new opportunities collectively. This teamwork is encouraged through a supportive ‘no politics’ culture.
Your pivotal work will fuel your team’s inventive ideas by adding commercial insight to technical creativity.
To be shortlisted for an interview, your CV will need to include:
- Evidence that you’ve grown a strong network of contacts. You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the health tech market – particularly eyecare.
- Evidence that you know what it takes to sell professional services. This knowledge gives you confidence and instant credibility with highly qualified colleagues and customers.
- Clear technical business development experience.
- A technical background. You probably started your career as an engineer, a scientist, or a software developer before focusing on Business Development.
- A practical awareness of the demands of running and delivering customer-sponsored projects.
- The complexity of our project work means a 1st or 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline is required.
You’ll also need to be willing to travel internationally to meet with clients and attend global conferences and trade shows. Depending on your prospecting focus, you could make between 6 and 12 trips each year.
- A new purpose-built office campus; the buildings house state-of-the-art labs, offices, and manufacturing space, with a variety of indoor and outdoor workspaces and working locations to stimulate TTP’s people to think differently.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of activities, including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Access and discounts to local sports facilities and theatre tickets
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
We’re making an impact. You could help us increase it by applying now.
Every application will receive a response.
Inclusion & Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity, we would love to hear from you.