5G Protocol Development Consultant
We have an opportunity for a 5G Protocol Development Consultant to join our multidisciplinary Satellite & Space team.
We see a great future in collaborating with some of the world’s most forward-thinking corporate clients and technology start-ups, to leverage our multi-disciplinary science, technology, and engineering skillset, to help those clients build Next Generation Communications technology components and full end-to-end solutions.
As a consultant, you will work on complex technical challenges for our clients, using your solid grounding in 5G Network Engineering principles to build new terrestrial and non-terrestrial networking solutions. This will involve a mix of desk-based ideas-generation and problem solving as well as hands-on engineering work. You will also enjoy using this growing knowledge base to explore new business opportunities and partnerships in the creation of value for our clients and for TTP.
With superb facilities, training, and the freedom to innovate, your future at TTP is what you make it. We value ambition, leadership, teamwork and technical excellence and we provide a fantastic environment to develop your career.
As well as a 1st or 2:1 bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering (or equivalent), your application will stand out if you can demonstrate:
- Technical depth in 3GPP 5G Architecture, RAN and Core
- A good understanding of Open RAN technologies
- Experience in successful product development and/or research into one or more of the following:
- 5G, NB-IoT,eMTC UE or infrastructure solutions
- 3GPP standardization
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Our benefits include: