RF & Electromagnetics Consultant
TTP are dedicated to revolutionising the healthcare industry through the development of cutting-edge technologies. Our Biosensing Team is at the forefront of developing real-time or near real-time sensing systems for wearable and implantable devices that empower patients and healthcare providers with vital actionable health data. Our mission is to make a significant impact in the fields of diabetes, orthopaedics, neurotechnology, and cardiac care by creating innovative solutions that enhance patient health, diagnosis, condition management, and recovery monitoring.
Joining the Biosensing team as an RF & Electromagnetics Consultant, you will be responsible for developing the RF-sub systems for class II and III implantable and wearable medical devices. These will include system, antenna, and telemetry scheme development covering inductive, MICS, BLE, WiFi, cellular and other schemes. You’ll be working with some of the largest medical device manufacturers and exciting start-ups to support feasibility assessment, design, simulation, prototype build, testing and transfer to manufacture.
In this role you’ll help develop TTP’s RF capability within the medical space, with collaborative opportunities in business development, project management responsibility as well as the opportunity to go all out focusing on a particular technical challenge at system or device level. You’ll also have opportunities to support other areas of the business, offing specialist RF and EM support focusing on industrial and medical applications, including work in surgical systems, next generation drug delivery, and satellite and space.
TTP values ambition, leadership, technical excellence, collaboration and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development and project leadership.
To thrive in this role, you’ll have the experience of owning the development of RF sub-system and antenna design for products. These capabilities should cover a range of RF systems, which could include Bluetooth, Sub-GHz and electromagnetic 13MHz systems.
Your application will stand out if you showcase experience with complex antenna, RF system or telemetry scheme design. Experience in medical device development, specifically RF sub-systems will also be beneficial.
You will work in multidisciplinary teams developing complex medical devices and solving challenging technical problems. We want to hear about your collaborative, analytical, and structured approach to tackling complex challenges.
Other useful skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Proficiency in electromagnetic simulations with commercial packages such as CST
- Knowledge of test and measurement equipment aiding in antenna design and testing
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Creativity and a hands-on attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to support and work with an interdisciplinary team
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Various lunch clubs including squash, zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Access and discounts to local sports facilities and theatre tickets
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Every application will receive a response.