Business Development Lead
TTP’s Drug Delivery Market Team creates technology for customers to enable drugs and therapies to be delivered in new and more effective ways to improve patient care and healthcare economics. We have a proven track record in the development of drug delivery devices, having been involved in the R&D of numerous inhalers, wearable devices, autoinjectors, home infusion products. We bring greatest value to the development of complex, multidisciplinary products which require deep technical expertise and do so on a fees-for-time basis. In addition, we create enabling technologies for licensing or as a basis for new spin-out companies.
Our team have established relationships with companies ranging from large multinational pharmaceuticals to ambitious startups. These customers draw on a breadth of capability that spans human factors and system-level design to wireless connectivity and transfer to high-volume manufacture. We have extensive in-house facilities at our campus near Cambridge, UK.
To be successful in this position, you’ll be an energetic and driven individual who is passionate about developing and nurturing relationships with our customers in the UK and the US across the drug delivery industry.
Your confident at identifying, driving and supporting high value commercial opportunities and to build a long-term sales pipeline based on deep customer relationships. The drug delivery team has grown substantially in recent years, driven by our ability to invent and develop new technology at the intersection of science and engineering.
You will use your expert knowledge and insights to identify opportunities and work with our technical teams to develop new commercial propositions for our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and growing our customer base through connecting with relevant engineering, product management, packaging and device development teams within potential customers, and identifying where new business opportunities exist.
- Collaborating with the technical team to develop and refine our offering.
- Developing and managing an opportunity pipeline of circa $10M’s pa of development projects.
- Collaborating with the UK team to develop and deliver high-quality proposals and close deals.
- Informing the team’s strategy and business development activities by maintaining a deep understanding of our capabilities, the competitive landscape, and market trends.
- At least half of your time will be dedicated to in-person customer meetings, with monthly trips to the US and industry conferences.
You will have excellent people skills and be able to build meaningful relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, both within TTP and the companies we engage. Operating within our Health Tech business unit and playing a key role in its continued growth you will also seek to inspire and nurture business development capabilities in others.
You application would of interest to us if you have any of the following skills/experience:
- A passion for establishing new business relationships and a proven history of building significant leads and sales pipeline.
- Experience of business development within the Drug Delivery / LifeSciences industry.
- Demonstrable thought leadership skills.
- An established network of contacts with whom you have successfully developed new business opportunities and maintained long-term relationships with.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to develop effective sales and marketing collateral.
- Proven ability to identify prospective clients and partners and secure introductory meetings with senior stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of research and development and the commercialisation of technologies and products.
- Contract negotiation skills (an advantage, but not essential).
- The ability to travel within the UK and internationally, 30% – 50% of the time.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to lunch clubs including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Discounts to local sports facilities and theatre tickets
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Inclusion and Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.