Principal Electronics Engineer
Are you ready to use your engineering creativity to lead the entire product development journey, from proof of concept through to validation and manufacture, to create products that will make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals worldwide who are battling with chronic illnesses.
You’ll be joining the biosensing team as an experienced Electronics Engineer, focussing on the exciting and growing area of real-time and near real-time sensing devices. Your ingenuity will help patients diagnose, understand and manage their conditions in areas such as diabetes, orthopaedics and cardiology using wearable and implantable devices.
As a Project Leader, you’ll run large programmes and manage timelines, budgets, and client relationships – bringing your technical leadership to project delivery. You’ll also get to use your technical skills to drive the right architectural design decisions, identify and manage key risks for our clients, run design reviews and support solving challenging technical problems in highly regulated environments. The work will be varied and fast-paced, involving technically stimulating projects for clients ranging from stealth-mode start-ups to multinational corporations.
At TTP, you’ll get to explore ideas that could help shape the future of biosensing technologies on a global scale. Here is just one example below of an exciting project that we have worked on within our biosensing team.
To thrive in this role, you’ll have experience of applying your project leadership skills to development of regulated products. These capabilities should include programme, budget, client relationship, and people management. Due to the complex, technical and innovative nature of the projects you’ll also bring a hands-on electronics or system engineering technical experience to be able to technically lead and steer projects.
Your application will stand out if you showcase your experience of taking products with safety-critical features through the full development cycle to verification, regulatory testing and manufacture transfer.
You will support with technical problem-solving and contribute to some development work, such as system design or technical reviews. You’ll also be supporting and developing colleagues with your experience and expertise in regulated development projects. We want to hear about your collaborative, analytical, and structured approach to tackling complex technical problems.
Other useful skills:
- A technical background in electronics or systems engineering, covering sensor interfaces, analogue electronics, microcontroller systems, low-power design and miniaturisation.
- Experience of end-to-end product development in a regulated environment, such as medical or aerospace.
- Evidence of project management for complex multidisciplinary products
- A track record of achievement and academic excellence to thrive in this role.
As an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge, our working culture encourages shared ideas and collaboration along with the freedom to do your best work.
At TTP, you’ll get to tackle problems that make a tangible difference on a global scale. Every step of the way, you’ll be supported by multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers, and designers. The whole structure of TTP is designed to help you thrive. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through.
We’re a business of individuals – however, it’s our deep-seated curiosity around technology that brings us together, and drives what we do.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Various lunch clubs including squash, zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Access and discounts to local sports facilities and theatre tickets
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
So, if you’re looking for an influential, impactful, and fulfilling Electronics Project Lead role, apply now.
Every application will receive a response.