Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced AI/ML Engineer to join the Health Tech team. You will be part of TTP’s multidisciplinary and collaborative Health Tech team of engineers, designers and scientists. Together, we invent novel technologies, products and services that make a difference to people’s lives. From start-ups to multinational corporations and public institutions, TTP has an established track-record in growing our clients’ businesses and creating value for stakeholders.
As an AI/ML Engineer, you will work closely with others to explore, develop, and integrate AI/ML technologies into TTP’s digital and connected health offerings. You will engage in hands-on project-based AI/ML development work such as:
- Source, manage, clean and prepare data from a variety of sources
- Conduct quick proof-of-concept AI/ML feasibility studies
- Develop, implement, test and evaluate AI/ML models
- Work with your fellow software engineers to incorporate AI/ML models into production level code ready for deployment.
In addition to hands-on work, you will have opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership in health-tech related AI/ML topics, generate internal case studies to showcase the potential of AI/ML, steer our clients’ thinking on AI/ML strategies, and represent TTP externally at conferences.
Engineers at TTP are free to work autonomously and flexibly, take initiatives to explore skunkworks projects, balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions to problems. Working collaboratively with peers, you will bounce ideas around, develop insights into the healthcare market, broaden your knowledge and insight, uncover new opportunities, grow strong relationships with prospective clients and shape the future of healthcare with AI/ML.
You will develop your career in the direction that you choose, supported by quarterly meetings with your development coach, work that stretches your skills, colleagues who want you to grow and formal learning opportunities.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A 1st or 2:1 bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with modules in Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning, or a master’s in AI/ML. OR an equivalent level of knowledge developed through other forms of learning (please describe this in your application).
- You have a track record of making an impact on the real world through applied AI/ML research, especially within health tech.
- Through curiosity, listening and collaborating, you gain insights about the user, project, technological and business context for your work and this allows you to increase your impact.
- You take ownership and responsibility for your own work and for leading projects and teams.
- You can code in commonly used AI/ML languages such as Python, C++ and R.
Desirable qualities for this role are:
- You are fluent in the latest deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- You have published AI/ML research in conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Understanding of physics or a branch of engineering is desirable, as it will help you put your work into context.
- You are familiar with the Software development lifecycle and good software development practices.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, family friendly leave, private medical insurance (incl. dependants), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable