Cambridge, United Kingdom
Scientists and Engineers at TTP invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. We work with the world’s most exciting and innovative companies to address diverse, deep technology problems from improving the safety of autonomous vehicles to deciphering complex nerve signals to understand disease progression.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team, applying your deep knowledge of applied mathematics and physics to challenging real world problems. You will relish getting stuck in to the fundamentals of computational problems to build solutions where elegance is prioritised over convenience. You enjoy diving deep into the stack to develop computationally tractable algorithms on constrained hardware which will enable break-through products.
An example of this could be taking noisy sensor signals, working out how best to extract specific features from them robustly in real time, and delivering actionable insights. This could be for a small implantable medical device or edge processing in an autonomous vehicle
You will be a respected subject matter expert in multidisciplinary teams which deliver highly challenging technology development. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to contribute to audacious goals. You will gain experience of exciting technologies while benefitting from the experience of an established professional services company.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding their needs along with their strategy and vision, building development plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of demanding technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even whole new areas of business.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Academically strong. A first or 2:1 in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related numerate discipline from a world-class university.
- Mathematically fluent. You enjoy applying mathematics draw out meaning from complex real-world data.
- Pragmatism. Understand the compromises needed to integrate your work into resource constrained systems, and how your decisions affect the other elements.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology, unfamiliar physical principles or just how a business makes its money, you dig down to generate valuable insight.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaboration and like to present your work to others, showing why it matters to them. Drive. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and go about them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.