Automotive Systems Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced R&D leader to join the growing autonomous driving team at TTP. You will be involved in wide ranging aspects of technology and product development, developing complex sensor technologies and refine, simplify and implement them in robust automotive products.
This role will provide an opportunity to apply your experience from the automotive industry in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. You will work with multidisciplinary project teams made up of engineers and scientists to deliver and lead projects involving invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototyping, laboratory testing, process development, product design and transfer to manufacture.
You will work with a growing international client base from US to Israel to understand technology challenges then plan and execute development programmes to address them. TTP’s clients include multinational household names and fast-paced venture-funded start-ups and you will get the opportunity to work with both.
- Experience leading engineering teams in the development of products for series production vehicles. You have taken a technology from concept to manufacture and have knowledge of all stages of development and the relevant standards such as ISO 26262 and IATF 16949.
- Solid foundation. A first or 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline (mechanical, electronic, automotive) or equivalent industry experience.
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy making what you design or taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test.
- Leadership. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and go about them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology or how a business makes its money, you dig deep to generate valuable insight.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaboration and like to present your work to others, showing why it matters to them.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.