Autonomous Systems Engineer - Consultant
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Here at TTP, our consultants invent novel technologies and technological products to enable next generation autonomy: making a difference to people's lives, growing our clients' businesses, and helping our business thrive. This can be in a wide range of application areas from self-driving robotaxis, last mile autonomous trucks, and medical drone delivery, to enhanced situational awareness in mines.
You will bring deep technical knowledge in an aspect of autonomy such as sensing systems, artificial intelligence, or communications and an understanding of system engineering for autonomous systems. You will use your knowledge and skills to help lead and drive growth in new sectors. In addition to leading challenging projects, you will identify new commercial opportunities and develop enabling technologies that unlock them. You will relish the opportunity to contribute to a growing team.
You will build strong relationships with clients by understanding their needs and using this to plan and execute complex development projects. TTP's clients include multinational household names and fast-paced venture-funded start-ups and you will get the opportunity to work with both.
Your application will stand out if you have:
- The desire to move into a role with a technical/commercial split
- A bachelor's degree in a mathematical science or engineering. A PhD or similar is advantageous
- Industry experience in the development of autonomous systems with an understanding of market trends
- The communication skills required to seek out new business opportunities
- A passion for generating new ideas
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone
Inclusion and Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
Our benefits include: