Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on scientist or engineer to join our microfabrication team. As a Bio-MEMS Specialist you will be part of a small but growing team working in our µfab cleanroom and developing novel micro/nano devices, processes and products through our MEMS foundry links.
TTP is active in a variety of micron-scaled fabrication techniques to support innovative projects in bio/medical fluidics, sensors, optics, and electronics/communications. In this role you will work closely with other TTP scientists, engineers and designers to provide solutions to complex challenges, for both internal and external clients.
We’re looking for someone with Bio-MEMS knowledge and experience in practical microfabrication who can turn ideas into microfabricated solutions. You are always up-to-date with the latest cleanroom and MEMS techniques, materials and costs, and some understanding of processes from R&D through to volume manufacturing. You will enjoy spending ~60% of your time in the cleanroom.
As a Bio-MEMS Specialist you’re familiar with the full MEMS product cycle: mask design, material choice, process development, follow/create SOP and package/test. Additionally, you’ll be able to follow H&S documents, COSHH/RAs and be able to run complex equipment and experiments.
You might be a good fit for this role if you have experience with techniques/applications such as: microfluidics, bio-sensing, cell sorting, organ-on-chips. microwells, electrodes on needle, nano-spheres or spray generation.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- PhD in Engineering, Biology, Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, Electronics or similar fields.
- At least 2 years of post-doctoral research or industrial experience working with glass, silicon and polymers.
- Work experience or research in the bio/medical sector is essential.
- You will have MEMS process knowledge/experience in some of the following: photolithography, bonding, embossing, soft-lithography, self-assembly techniques, wet/dry etching, evaporation/sputtering, PECVD, RIE/D-RIE, electroplating and metrology.
- Previous experience working with semiconductor equipment and/or new bio-mems techniques.
- Strong creativity coupled with good insight into fundamental science.
Please add a cover letter which tell us why you would like to work at TTP, and why you are a strong candidate for this role.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts on memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.