Bio-scientist and Lab Support
Cambridge, United Kingdom
The Life Science group at TTP works to create disruptive life science technologies. Our multidisciplinary collaborations create cutting edge products that are used in hospitals, laboratories and other facilities around the world.
Bioscientists at TTP work in concert with our physical scientists and engineers to develop novel technologies and products that make a difference to people’s lives and grow our clients’ businesses.
As a member of the Life Sciences group you will spend a significant proportion of your time performing hands-on experiments to deliver results to our clients. Your role will be varied, and may involve running molecular tests, making reagents, maintenance of mammalian and bacterial cell cultures, cloning, etc. A key part of your role will be helping to generate novel technology and contributing to cutting edge scientific experiments.
In addition to your core role, you will take responsibility for the smooth running of the biochemistry laboratories. You will be a team player able to communicate effectively with other scientists and with project leaders. You will help to ensure that project teams have the space to work efficiently and safely. You will take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue these with tenacity and pragmatism.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- You will have a degree in a relevant scientific discipline, ideally in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- You will have significant hands-on technical experience in a detailed analytical role.
- You will be required to work both with standard instrumentation and systems in development and will be able to adapt accordingly.
- You will have strong communication skills and will be able to show evidence that you can present succinctly and clearly to others.
Desirable qualities for this role are:
- Experience of collaboration across disciplines, e.g. in engineering.
- Demonstration of having worked to ISO13485 standards.
- Experience of assay development in DNA analysis or protein biochemistry
- A master’s degree would be an advantage but is not essential.
The online application process will ask you to explain why you want to work at TTP, why you think you are a strong candidate for the role, and to describe a project that you have contributed to.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.