Business Developer - Omics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Omics at TTP
We are looking for a Business Developer with a strong technical background to join TTP’s Omics team. The team provides a core focus for TTP’s activities in genomics, proteomics and future omics. We are looking to build upon a decade of experience working with some of the most exciting start-ups in this field, including developing tools for sequencing, sample extraction and library preparation.
Exploring and creating our own novel IP, TTP are innovating across the Omics field from spatial biology and single cell analytics to novel approaches in RNA, DNA and protein sequencing.
The Omics team is part of our larger Life Sciences unit; working at the intersection of biology, physical science and engineering we invent, design and manufacture products and technologies in areas including (but not limited to) cell therapies, point of care diagnostics, high-throughput drug discovery, molecular detection and cancer screening.
Multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate to realise the most ambitious challenges set by our clients; global market leaders, as well as exciting technology start- and scale ups.
The Life Sciences team has been delivering consistent commercial growth; to continue delivering this growth we are looking for a Business Developer to join our team.
You are a skillful Business Developer with experience in the Omics field to drive business development for the team.
You’ll research and identify new business opportunities, including growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services, and new ways of reaching existing markets. You’ll be building on existing networks as well as developing customer relationships to build a solid sales pipeline.
You’ll be using your technical background to understand potential opportunities and act as a bridge between the client and TTP’s project leads in capturing requirements and delivering new proposals.
You’ll have opportunities to travel internationally to meet with clients and attend global conferences. Depending on your prospecting focus, you could make between 6 and 12 trips each year to visit prospects, keep up to date with the state of the art at conferences, and discuss value propositions at trade shows.
With little formal internal process at TTP, we are quick to give you a high degree of freedom and ownership in how you do your work. Your market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of technology.
This is somewhere to really make your mark. Working in a technically challenging and impact-driven company, with bright and ambitious peers.
- Demonstrative business development experience in the field of Omics (genomics, proteomics, multi-omics)
- A strong academic background with a 2:1 or above undergraduate degree in a STEM subject
- Capability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- A willingness to travel internationally to meet with clients and attend global conferences (potential for 6 to 12 trips each year)
- Located within the UK or happy to relocate (a comprehensive relocation package is available), with the ability to work on-site in Melbourn some of the time
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience writing technical project proposals
- Experience of using or developing ‘Omics technologies
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships