Business Development Lead - Omics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We're looking for a Business Development Lead with a strong STEM background to join TTP’s Omics team.
Omics at TTP
The Omics team provides a core focus for TTP’s activities in genomics, proteomics and future omics. We are looking to build upon a decade of experience working with some of the most exciting start-ups in this field, including developing tools for sequencing, sample extraction and library preparation.
Exploring and creating our own novel IP, TTP are innovating across the Omics field from spatial biology and single cell analytics to novel approaches in RNA, DNA and protein sequencing.
TTP works at the intersection of biology, physical science and engineering. We invent, design and manufacture products and technologies in areas including (but not limited to) cell therapies, point of care diagnostics, high-throughput drug discovery, molecular detection and cancer screening. Multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate to realise the most ambitious challenges set by our clients; global market leaders, as well as exciting technology start- and scale ups.
We're looking for a senior business developer with experience in the Omics field. Working with the Omics team you'll play key role in its growth and direction.
You’ll research and identify new business opportunities, including growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services, and new ways of reaching existing markets. You’ll be building on existing networks as well as developing customer relationships to build a solid sales pipeline.
Business development within TTP is deeply intergrated within our technical teams. You’ll be using your technical background to understand potential opportunities and act as a bridge between the client and TTP’s project leads in capturing requirements and delivering new proposals.
With little formal internal process at TTP, we are quick to give you a high degree of freedom and ownership in how you do your work. Your market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of technology.
The opportunity includes internal travel to meet with clients and attend global conferences. Depending on your prospecting focus, you could make between 6 and 12 trips each year to visit prospects, keep up to date with the state of the art technologies at conferences, and discuss value propositions at trade shows.
- Extensive, demonstrative business development experience in the field of Omics (genomics, proteomics, multi-omics)
- You bring with you an established network of contacts with whom you've build strong, long-term relationships
- Capability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary, technical, colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, and comfortable in a client-facing role
- A willingness to travel internationally to meet with clients and attend global conferences
- A strong academic STEM background
- Located within the UK or happy to relocate (a comprehensive relocation package is available), with the ability to work on-site in Melbourn some of the time
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience writing technical project proposals
- Experience of using or developing ‘Omics technologies
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships