Global Business Development Lead – Omics
TTP’s Omics team provides a core focus for our activities in genomics, proteomics and future omics. We partner with clients to provide solutions to difficult omics challenges – turning complex lab processes into groundbreaking tools and instruments.
We’re building upon a decade of experience working with some of the most exciting start-ups and leaders in this field, developing tools for sequencing, sample extraction and library preparation. We explore and create our own novel IP too – innovating across the Omics field from spatial biology and single cell analytics to novel approaches in RNA, DNA and protein sequencing.
We’re looking for a Global Business Development Lead to grow our Omics footprint globally. In this newly established role you’ll identify new business opportunities including growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services, and find new ways of reaching existing markets.
Business development within TTP is deeply integrated with our technical teams. You’ll work closely with the engineers and biologists within the Omics team, using your technical knowledge and business acumen to identify opportunities.
Building new, meaningful and long-term connections and relationships with the right members of the industry will come naturally to you and you’ll be building on existing networks as well as developing new partnerships.
The insight TTP gains through business development is a vital catalyst for the creation of new ideas and, as such, your role will inspire new internal skunkworks projects. Finally, you will enjoy a mentoring role to nurture business development capabilities in others around you.
- An academic background in engineering or science
- Demonstrative experience establishing new business relationships and building a significant leads and sales pipeline
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation development within the Omics field
- An established network of contacts within the global Omics community (genomics, proteomics, multi-omics)
- A strong understanding of research and development and the commercialisation of technologies and products
- Willingness to travel internationally, incl. the US, 30-40% of the time, including attending conferences
- Located within the UK or happy to relocate (a comprehensive relocation package is available), with the ability and willingness to work on-site with us most of the time
The above list outlines our ideal candidate, but we know some of you may not apply unless you qualify for all requirements. We believe in the power and importance of diversity, both for our community and for the overall success of our business, so please apply if you meet the majority of our listed capabilities.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from TTP Campus, purpose-built sustainable offices and green surroundings, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’ve invested in world-class facilities, a site designed for collaboration, creativity and innovation with engineering and biology labs alongside our offices.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships