Consultant - Autonomous Technology
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP consultants invent novel technologies and technological products that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. In this role you will work with world leading companies developing technologies and products for autonomous vehicles and machines.
This role would suit a candidate with a solid foundation of technology consulting looking to move into a commercial role or a deep tech product owner looking for a move into technology consulting.
You will build strong relationships with clients by understanding their needs and discover new opportunities for TTP. With an in-depth understanding of their complex technology, you will plan and execute future development projects. TTP’s clients include multinational household names and fast-paced venture-funded start-ups and you will get the opportunity to work with both.
In this role, you will have a fantastic opportunity to head up new technologies, influencing the direction of the autonomous team. You will be involved in wide ranging aspects of technology and product development such as invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototyping, laboratory testing, process development, product design and transfer to manufacture. As well as bringing depth in physics or engineering, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
In addition to leading challenging projects you will identify new commercial opportunities and develop enabling technologies that unlock them.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in a mathematical science or engineering. A PhD or similar is advantageous, if pertinent to autonomous technologies.
- Experience in product ownership or technical consultancy in a deep tech company. Preferably involving sensors or software for autonomous machines.
The following attributes are highly desirable:
- Creativity. You enjoy finding innovative solutions to problems and apply your technical knowledge to come up with creative ideas.
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy making what you design or taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology or how a business makes money, you dig deep to generate valuable insight.
- Analytical approach. You apply your knowledge and research skills to undertake detailed analysis of technical problems.
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others.
- Energy. You seek new responsibilities, take on challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Initiative. You take action to exploit opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and make the most of them.
- Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
TTP Group is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Free lunch
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Several types of family-friendly leave available to parents
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.