Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP, teams of scientists, engineers, and designers collaboratively solve challenging problems for life science companies, allowing them to launch new products and enter new markets. Your biochemistry expertise will underpin the delivery of projects that harness biology to empower users in bioanalysis, biopharma, and life sciences R&D. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
As a Consultant Biochemist, you will be working alongside specialists from diverse fields to lead and deliver technically challenging projects that necessitate a multi-disciplinary approach. Biochemists operate at the interface between reagent design, consumable operation and system engineering, with a high degree of ownership of the project’s technical direction. There are opportunities to develop your skills in assay design, experimental validation, scale-up processes, business development and client interaction. Your project planning skills and judgment will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. At TTP you have the freedom, as you grow into the role, to propose and develop entirely new technological and commercial offerings - with experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
In summary, we are looking for candidates with a desire to contribute to complex, ground-breaking biochemistry and instrumentation, creating novel technologies for our clients in areas such as DNA sequencing workflows, in vitro diagnostics, single-cell analysis, and antibody screening. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your expertise and contribute to challenging and varied projects that advance the Life Sciences industry.
This role is open to applicants at several career stages, from recent PhD to experienced professional.
As an ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- An excellent academic record with 1st or 2:1 degree in biochemistry or a related discipline.
- A solid knowledge base across molecular and cellular biochemistry, as well as in modern analytical methods.
- Proven experience developing novel biochemistry and an ability to drill deep, evidenced by a PhD in an exciting area of experimental biochemistry and/or equivalent experience.
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative nature to work in and lead interdisciplinary teams, working directly with designers, mechanical engineers, physicists, software and communicating regularly with clients.
- Drive to take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
- Familiarity with standards such as ISO13485 would be highly beneficial.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch on site
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Discounts on local sports facilities and theatre
- Activities and community fund
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable