Consultant Biochemist, BioPharma Development
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Are you looking to advance your career in a multidisciplinary environment and make unique impact from day one?
At TTP multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex problems and create disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
We are now looking for an experienced scientist with a keen interest and experience in developing new tools, methodologies, and technologies for high to medium throughput screening including drug discovery and screening automation.
In this role you will use your technical expertise in high to medium throughput screening development - working hands on in the lab designing and running experiments. You will also take on project leadership responsibility and represent TTP in client meetings. Your goal will be to identify commercial opportunities and develop enabling technologies that contribute to the growth of our business.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in chemistry, biology, protein biochemistry, or a related discipline, and an experimental PhD
- Relevant experience in the development of high to medium throughput screening processes such as antibody screening and process automation.
- Experience in areas such as DNA-encoded library screening, droplet chemistry or other methodologies in drug discovery
- Scientific curiosity and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- An ability to work collaboratively across interdisciplinary teams, with excellent communication skills
In addition, experience in the following would be desirable:
- Practical understanding of the regulatory requirements for biological product manufacturing
- Assay development and validation in bioprocess or antibody screening
- Experience of transfer from development to production
- Experience of ISO13485 development projects
We offer an exceptional range of benefits, including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.