Consultant Chemical Engineer - Energy & Materials
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP are looking for a Consultant Chemical Engineer to join our multidisciplinary Energy & Materials team within the Deep Tech business unit.
We see a great future in working with some of the world’s most forward-thinking corporate clients and technology start-ups, to leverage our multi-disciplinary science, technology and engineering skillset, to help those clients respond to the global challenges of sustainability, energy transition, synthetic chemistry and environmental technologies.
As a consultant, you will work on complex technical challenges for our clients, using your solid grounding in scientific and engineering principles to find solutions to real-world problems across a range of industries. This will involve a mix of desk-based ideas-generation and problem solving as well as hands-on experimental work. You will also enjoy using this growing knowledge base to explore new business opportunities and in the creation of value for our clients and for TTP.
With superb facilities, training, and the freedom to innovate, your future at TTP is what you make it. We value ambition, leadership and technical excellence and we provide a fantastic environment to develop your career.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Academic excellence – a strong degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Problem solving – you take an analytical and structured approach to solving unfamiliar technical challenges
- Initiative – you relish the freedom to seek out opportunities and make the most of them
- Communication skills – you thrive when working in multidisciplinary teams and can communicate effectively with clients on the progress and challenges being faced in a project
Desirable skills and experience for this role include:
- Experience as a chemical engineer in industry or a PhD in the field
- Experience designing, building, and working with lab to pilot scale processes
- Strong mathematical skills, with some experience of applying numerical or analytical methods to understand unit processes, chemical reactions, or thermal design
- Commercial insight – you understand the challenges associated with translating a technical solution to a commercial reality and use this to steer technical solutions and consider new business opportunities
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, family friendly leave, private medical insurance (incl. dependents), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable