Consultant Electronic Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Consultant Electronic Engineers at TTP develop electronic hardware that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. These can be in a wide range of application areas – from battery-free medical implants through to multi-GHz industrial compute platforms. Our Consultant Electronic Engineers design advanced sensing, control and wireless communication technologies and integrate them into products.
You will be involved in all stages of technology and product development including invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototype design, laboratory testing, process development, and manufacturing.
Your solutions must be ready for high volume manufacture. They could be implemented using conventional high-density, multilayer PCB technology, or integrated as a SiP using microfabrication techniques.
As well as bringing depth in electronic engineering, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will contribute to and lead ambitious projects, working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. Your project planning skills and judgment will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of challenging technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
The essential requirements for this role are:
• A first or 2:1 in electronic engineering or a related discipline from a world-class university.
• A hands-on attitude. You enjoy taking your theories into the lab and putting them to the test using rapid prototyping techniques.
• Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology or how a business makes money, you dig deeper to generate valuable insight
• Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others and explaining why it matters to them.
• Drive. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
Candidates with greater experience will increasingly fulfil these additional requirements:
• Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
• Insight. You demonstrate technical and commercial insight and the ability to apply these to development decisions, and to uncovering commercial opportunities.
• Initiative. You take action to exploit opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and make the most of them.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.