Consultant Embedded Software Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Software Consultants at TTP develop solutions that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. These can be in a wide range of application areas – for example developing an end-to-end software stack for connected medical devices, bespoke protocols for safety-critical radio communications, or an analytics GUI for the industrial IoT. Projects may last from a few weeks to a few years.
You will be involved in all stages of software and product development including analysis, system architecture, prototype design, implementation and test development. Targets range from resource constrained embedded devices through mobiles to large cloud hosted systems. Your solutions will be implemented using a range of tools often with the freedom to select the best one for the job. As well as bringing depth in software engineering, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will contribute to and lead ambitious projects, working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. Your project planning skills and judgment will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the successes and setbacks of challenging technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A first or 2:1 in Electronics and software, Computer science or a related discipline from a world-class university.
- A hands-on attitude. You enjoy applying your software skills to concept demonstrators, finished products and associated pre/post production test automation.
- Insatiable curiosity. Whether it’s new technology or how a business makes money, you dig deeper to generate valuable insight
- Communication skills. You enjoy collaborating and presenting your work to others. Explaining why your work matters to those unfamiliar with your field is key skill.
- Drive. You take on new responsibilities, seek challenging objectives, and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
Candidates with greater experience will increasingly fulfil these additional requirements:
- Leadership. You build collaboration by engaging with the needs and perspectives of clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders, enabling you to act in others’ interests, build confidence, and establish trust.
- Insight. You demonstrate technical and commercial insight and the ability to apply these to development decisions, and to uncovering commercial opportunities.
- Initiative. You take action to exploit opportunities – whether technological, commercial, personal, or otherwise – and make the most of them.
This role is open to applicants at any career stage, from recent graduate to experienced professional.
- You will be expected to demonstrate the essential requirements even at the start of your career. Tell us how your extra-curricular activities or internship help demonstrate your wider potential.
- A few years into your career you will have a demonstrable track record, but still have plenty of scope to develop. Tell us about your achievements.
- As an experienced professional, you will be able to demonstrate your technical and commercial impact. Tell us how you can expand TTP’s capabilities or build a new area of business.
Please submit your CV including evidence showing how you meet the requirements above.
The online application process will ask you to explain why you want to work at TTP, why you think you are a strong candidate for the role, and to describe a project that you have contributed to.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.