Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cellular Highways is building the next generation of cell sorter instruments for cell therapies, cancer treatment and other biotech applications. With our invention of a new microfluidics sorting technology, vortex actuated cell sorting (VACS), we can reduce the cost and complexity of cell sorting and achieve far greater throughput than existing platforms. Our aim is to make cell sorting accessible to every laboratory as well as enabling new clinical applications.
We are a spin-out company from TTP plc (The Technology Partnership) an established technology consulting firm with a successful track record of launching new businesses with disruptive technologies.
Are you looking for an exciting role in a well-funded biotech start-up?
We are looking for a Cytometrist with a passion for improving cell sorting, to join our expanding team. If you are keen to progress your career developing a new technology for a range of biotech applications, this will be an ideal role for you. You will work with all aspects of our prototype instrument, testing hands-on, investigating performance and working with engineers to refine our specifications, comparing our product with competitors, working with beta customers, and helping present our company at conferences and exhibitions. You will have opportunities to develop skills and experience in all these areas limited only by your own interests, drive and motivation.
As well as top-class technical aptitude, the right candidate will also possess broad, natural curiosity and strong inter-personal skills required to flourish within a strong, multi-disciplinary team. Our team comprises experts in diverse fields including optics, microfluidics, mechanical engineering, biotech and software and you will enjoy working collaboratively to apply your skills alongside them to solve the key challenges of our application. You will relish the opportunity that we can offer to take on real ownership and responsibility for key aspects of our product. You will enjoy problem solving and hands-on experimental work.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- An excellent academic background;
- Experience as either a core cytometrist or a ‘power user’ of cell sorting instrumentation
- Excellent knowledge of the main cell sorting and flow cytometry instrumentation, including maintenance procedures, performance tests, set up and standardization of multicolour panels, sample preparation protocols, analysis of instrument performance and cell viability/function after sorting.
- Excellent hands-on lab skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ambition to work on new cytometry technologies
Additionally, any the following would be desirable
- A PhD and/or research experience in a field related to biology, immunology or cell therap
- In-depth technical knowledge of cytometry and cell sorting instrumentation
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A relocation package is also available, if applicable.