Desktop Support Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Role: Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Who we are:
Awerian provides research and development services that extend and enhance the ability of the United Kingdom and its Allies to defend themselves and to protect the future prosperity of their citizens. Awerian is no ordinary research and development consultancy. We are part of TTP Group, which is an employee-owned trust; here you will get to make a valued contribution with your unique skills set.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will be working on an interesting variety of hardware and software challenges. With every solution you find, you’ll be helping our scientists and engineers in their endeavours.
And, whenever you need it, you’ll be guided and supported by colleagues in the TTP Group IT Team. The roles will be primarily focused on manging Awerian’s own computer network and providing on-site helpdesk support for a wide range of machines, to colleagues across Awerian.
You won’t get bored at Awerian. From day one, you’ll focus on troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving a wide range of issues, including Microsoft Office 365, Teams telephony, Windows 10/11 desktop, builds and re-builds, networking, Linux Server Management, and cyber security. To succeed in the role, you’ll lean on your good working knowledge of these subjects, ideally gained from three years or more experience in Desktop support.
- Previous experience working in a technical support role
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise technology stack including Office365
- A good general knowledge of computer technologies, hardware, and software
- End User Device configuration management (SCCM, Intune, Group Policy)
- Configuration and build of Windows 10/11 machines
- Experience manging hosted software for Software Development. (GitLab, Azure, Jira)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- A willingness to pickup new skills as the business grows
- Experience designing/maintaining restricted networks
Joining Awerian means you’ll enjoy our fantastic employee benefits including:
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments provided
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (of pensionable salary +3% personal contribution)
- Private medical insurance for you and your family & Life insurance
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- A comprehensive relocation package is available, if applicable
- Electric Vehicle leasing & Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to TTP Group social and sport clubs
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
You will need to be eligible for UK Security Clearance
This role is not eligible for UKVI visa sponsorship scheme
We review applications on an ongoing basis and will respond to all applications.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.