Development Engineers - Advanced Cell Therapy Manufacturing
Cambridge, United Kingdom
We are looking for a talented and versatile Engineers to join a new, ambitious venture within TTP creating novel solutions for cell therapy manufacture.
Therapies that treat cancer by re-training the patient's own T-cells are coming to market in very small numbers, with over a thousand in the trials pipeline. Achieving widespread patient access to these requires a revolution in manufacturing and process automation. We are currently developing breakthrough technologies to enable this step-change and bring cell therapies to all who need them.
This is a varied role that will include concepting, designing, testing, and improving novel devices and systems. You will be working in multidisciplinary teams with a passion for solving worthwhile problems.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong academic background in Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics or Software
- Broad, hands-on engineering skills ideally spanning mechanical, design, electronics and control.
- Proficient in those design tools appropriate to your skills (eg 3D CAD, analysis packages,
- You might have deep skills in one area and be relatively inexperienced in others, but importantly able to work effectively with others to fill in the gaps.
- A feel for precise mechanical assemblies, behaviours of materials and fluids.
- Ability to assimilate loose and changing requirements and turn them into elegant and robust solutions.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work with an innovative, start-up mentality combined with precision and diligence.
- Experience working with novel life science or medical technologies would be an advantage, but not essential.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch on site
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Discounts on local sports facilities and theatre
- Activities and community fund
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable