Digital Print & Graphics Technician - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited designs, manufactures and markets digital printing technology and equipment, based on our unique electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our initial focus is on digital printing of metal packaging, with plans to broaden into other markets in the future. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth as we approach the first customer installations, while simultaneously looking at new opportunities and applications for our unique and disruptive technology.
We are a subsidiary of TTP Group, one of Europe’s leading technology companies.
We are looking for an all-rounder: somebody to liaise with customers, review and adjust their digital graphics files, operate our digital presses and organise production and shipment of printed proofs and sample batches. Initially the role will be focused on ensuring that our customers receive high quality print samples to assist their buying process. Within the next twelve months (and following full hands-on training on our equipment) the role will expand to include customer installation support, R&D and product development support and ideally management of equipment demos at our factory in Melbourn, Hertfordshire.
This is a varied role that spans hands-on technical work, customer support, digital graphics processing and system demonstrations. We do not expect to find somebody who is already doing all of these things. We are looking for somebody with a grounding in digital printing and graphics, who has the aptitude and the ambition to grow and acquire new skills and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Training
- HNC, HND, Btec or other vocational qualification in mechanical engineering, electronics or digital graphics / digital print related discipline
Essential Skills and Experience
- Smart, energetic, and a strong communicator with the confidence to deal directly with both customers and company management.
- Experience in digital graphics proofing, image analysis and graphics file manipulation tools such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- A self-starter who is used to working unsupervised and hitting deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to operate, maintain and become expert in Tonejet’s industrial digital printing systems.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the operation, maintenance or design and development of digital printing equipment.
- Experience with Colorgate or similar RIP software.
- A desire to broaden and deepen your technical and commercial understanding, to develop new skills and to take responsibility for customer support.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from beautiful surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills.