Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
DSP Consultants at TTP develop complex signal processing systems that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. These can be in a wide range of application areas – for example image classification algorithms for a critical safety application, array processing for a high-gain mobile antenna, or a brand-new waveform for next generation satellite IoT systems.
You will be involved in all stages of technology and product development including invention, analysis, computational modelling, prototype design, laboratory testing, process development, and manufacturing. Your solutions will be implemented using a variety of platforms including embedded DSP, FPGA and smartphone apps. As well as bringing depth in signal processing, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will contribute to and lead ambitious projects, working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. Your project planning skills and judgment will enable you to balance carefully the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and prospective clients, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing plans that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the success of challenging technology projects. With experience, your combination of increasing market and technology insight will enable you to uncover valuable new business opportunities and even new areas of business.
The requirements for this role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or a related discipline
- Prior working experience in modem development e.g. Cellular (5G, LTE, GSM, 3G/HSPA), Broadcast (DVB-x) or Satcom.
- Broad knowledge of radio communications theory, with particular expertise in radio transceiver concepts, digital modulation techniques, channel estimation, equalization and MIMO.
- Experience in development of radio drivers and integration with modem baseband is highly desirable.
- PHY algorithm development in simulation using MATLAB and fixed-point implementation in DSP or FPGA.
- Real-time embedded software development using C/C++
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable