Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet is seeking an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join its growing production team for a permanent role at its factory in Melbourn, 10 miles south of Cambridge. Your primary objective will be to commission and qualify new builds of electromechanical digital printing systems that form our production line for the Drinks Canning industry.
The Commissioning Engineer will need to be able to lead with the evaluation, diagnostics and any correction of subsystems in preliminary build, and overall build qualification in final system build. Support will be provided by strong R&D, Engineering, Production and Service teams.
This role will appeal to a multi-skilled Engineer with an electrical bias and a manufacturing background.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Be hands on commissioning our machinery in order that electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, fluids, software, and processes perform to the specifications.
- Actively fault find, debug and rectify any production issues using electrical test equipment, software tools, PLCs, and other relevant equipment.
- Work with three phase AC, high and low voltage DC electrical control systems including drives, PLCs and bespoke hardware.
- Compile technical reports so that the equipment meets regulatory standards for CE, UKCA and UL.
- Ensure the safety and compliance of the machinery through thorough electrical and safety system testing.
- Plan and communicate the status of commissioning activities to the wider team and leadership.
- Work with other Engineers and Production staff to capture requirements for improvements and promote a continuous improvement & right-first-time culture.
- Support the production team, as required, in the build of machinery, including mechanical, electrical, pneumatics, fluids within reasonable limits of capability.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health and Safety policies and procedures in respect of self and others.
- Qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent or Apprentice served with an Electrical bias.
- Significant hands-on experience in a similar role within a manufacturing and/or process sector
- Strong understanding and experience of electrical, pneumatic, and process systems including safety systems
- Proven experience of fault finding, diagnostic and problem solving
- Competent at electrical testing, and wiring
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, fluidic and mechanical drawings
- Able to select, specify, and source components & equipment to support test/commissioning activities
- Experience making test equipment black-boxes, dummy loads, loop-back test aids etc
- Reasonable understanding and experience of Health and Safety legislative requirements such as PUWER, working at heights, COSHH, LOLER
- Good IT skills and experience of using MS Office
- The role requires someone with initiative, good communication skills, and attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving, and the ability to thrive under pressure
Tonejet is part of TTP Group which operates from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.