Electronics & Embedded Software Engineer - Life Sciences
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP, teams of scientists, engineers, and designers collaboratively solve challenging problems, deploying fundamental science in creating disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Electronics and/or Embedded Software Engineer to join our Life Science division. You will be developing complex, ground-breaking instrumentation, and creating novel technologies for our clients in areas such as diagnostics, cell & gene therapy, and drug discovery.
In this role you will work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary project teams and liaise directly with clients. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your expertise and contribute to challenging and varied projects that advance medical research. Hybrid working is possible for this role.
As an ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- An excellent academic record with 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience developing robust real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C/C++
- Ability to interface embedded software with hardware at a low level (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART) as well as high level (e.g. Modbus, TCP/IP)
- Ability to contribute to the full product development cycle from technology evaluation to schematic design, to delivering prototypes ready for manufacture
- Good communication skills and a collaborative nature to work effectively in multi-disciplinary project teams, and communicate regularly with clients
- Experience working in industries such as automotive or aeronautical, or familiarity with standards such as CE marking or ISO13485 would be highly beneficial
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch on site
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Discounts on local sports facilities and theatre
- Activities and community fund
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable