Electronics Engineer - Awerian
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Awerian provides research and development services that extend and enhance the ability of the United Kingdom and its Allies to defend themselves and to protect the future prosperity of their citizens. This encompasses ideas generation to address challenging problems, the rapid design and implementation of technology demonstrators, through to complete product design and transfer manufacture. Awerian operates collaboratively or stand-alone and configures its working practices to address the needs of specific projects.
Awerian formed from an internal group within TTP plc which had been working in defence and related areas for more than 10 years. We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team working on cutting edge technology in the Defence and Aerospace sector.
The requirements for this role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Proven technical capabilities including the design and development of technology solutions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a business environment
- Strong experimental and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of several of the following: High-speed digital electronic design; RF and/or microwave electronics; antennas; power electronics; analogue electronics; PCB technologies
- Additionally, experience in the following is highly desirable: FPGA firmware (i.e. VHDL/Verilog); embedded software; algorithm development
- Applicants must be able to hold a UK security clearance
Awerian Ltd is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.