Electronics Engineer - Defence & Aerospace
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is an independent technology consultancy where engineers and scientists collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies. We are looking for hands-on Electronics Engineers – recent graduates, postgraduates and experienced engineers – to join an agile, multidisciplinary team working on cutting edge technology in our Defence and Aerospace sector.
Joining the team will give you an opportunity to create technology solutions that address the continuously evolving threats and challenges faced by the UK defence and protection forces. We understand that technology can be the critical difference that provides the winning edge – nowhere more so than in the business of protecting the UK’s interests at home and abroad. Example application areas where the group works include commercial avionics, air traffic control systems, electronic warfare, radar, sonar, and data protection.
The team works with a range of clients and partner organisations, including the UK Ministry of Defence, prime system integrators and SMEs to offer innovative solutions across the product and technology life cycle. Upon joining the team system challenges can involve high speed electronics, machine vision, FPGAs, low-noise analogue and data capture systems alongside fluidics and optics.
We seek high-achieving engineers with diverse backgrounds; all successful applicants will have excellent academic qualifications, proven technical capabilities, and the ability to thrive in a business environment. As a recent graduate you will be able to show capabilities and commercial interest gained beyond your degree.
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading university in engineering; postgraduate research or commercial experience would be a bonus
- Insatiable curiosity, initiative and creativity
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experimental and problem-solving skills
- Experience or interest in project management
- Applicants must be able to hold a UK security clearance
Whilst we do not expect any candidate to be an expert in every aspect of electronics, we would anticipate that you would have an excellent understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles beyond pure electronics/software along with relevant experience and deep knowledge of some of the following areas:
- Complex/high-speed digital electronic design;
- FPGA firmware (i.e. VHDL/Verilog)
- RF and/or microwave electronics (possibly including antennas)
- Embedded software
- Algorithm development (e.g. machine learning, target tracking, or data fusion)
- Analogue electronics
- Power electronics
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.