Electronics Engineer - Health Tech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP’s collaborative Health Tech team of engineers, scientists and designers is looking for an electronics engineer to join them in developing inventive products and technology to transform what healthcare offers patients today.
Your work will include inventing new ways surgeons will operate on patients in the future, developing innovative ultrasound imaging techniques and your electronics design will look at how to best restore heart rhythms in novel ablation treatment methods. You will join a team with deep experience, working to demanding regulatory requirements and who are always led by knowledge of the human factor aspects of development.
We work on these technologies for our clients, global key players as well as ambitious start-ups. Our work in medical technology is far-reaching; from drug delivery development and digital health platforms to active implantable devices, gene editing and diagnostic technologies that are so essential today. To get an idea of our work please have a look at the ventilator TTP developed for the government at the start of the COVID pandemic: https://www.ttp.com/work/cases/covent-ttps-rapid-manufacture-ventilator-for-covid-19-patients
You will shape the role based on your experience and personal goals. Besides conquering technical challenges in multi-disciplinary project teams, the role looks offers the opportunity to lead projects, build strong client relationships and to develop your industry insight to grow whole new areas of business.
Our working culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and actively encourages you to develop and broaden your expertise. You will be free to work autonomously, take initiative to explore skunkworks projects and make an impact from day one.
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Experience designing, testing, and implementing electronics in products
- Ability to contribute to the product development cycle from technology evaluation, to schematic design, to delivering prototypes ready for manufacture
- Good communication skills and a collaborative nature to work effectively in multi-disciplinary project teams, and communicate regularly with clients
- Insatiable curiosity. We want people who love to learn and get to the heart of a problem.
- Drive. You take on new responsibilities, use your own initiative and seek new objectives, pursuing them with tenacity and pragmatism
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new, purpose-built, sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dependents), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Generous annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Enhanced family friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable