Embedded Software Engineer - Deep Tech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Embedded Software Consultants at TTP develop solutions that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive. This can be in a wide range of application areas – for example connected medical sensing devices; bespoke protocols for safety-critical radio communications; low-latency industrial automation use cases; or radio drivers for a satellite payload. Projects may last from a few weeks to a few years.
As a Consultant Embedded Software Engineer, you will be involved in all stages of software and product development including analysis, system architecture, prototype design, implementation and test development. Your solutions will be implemented using a range of tools often with the freedom to select the best one for the job. As well as bringing depth in embedded software engineering, your technical breadth will enable you to quickly grasp new ideas and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You will contribute to and lead ambitious projects, working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams with a high degree of devolved responsibility. Your project planning skills and judgement will enable you to carefully balance the uncertainties of R&D with time and budget constraints. High levels of communication, alignment, and trust enable each team member’s insight and energy to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will grow strong, collaborative relationships with clients and our prospective clients, understanding them along with their strategy and vision, developing solutions that they buy into, and maintaining this understanding and buy-in through the success of challenging technology projects.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electronics and software, computer science or a related discipline.
- High proficiency embedded C
- Knowledge of micro-controller architecture and typical features
- Knowledge of SPI, I2C, UART/RS232
Highly desirable qualities for this role are:
- Experience using micro-controller debuggers and oscilloscopes
- RTOS experience
- Bare-metal programming of micro-controllers
- Python capability
- C++ capability
- Ability to develop PC utilities for testing embedded systems (typical environments: C#, Python, C++)
- Experience writing bootloaders
- Able to read and understand a hardware schematic
- Able to identify real time constraints of a system
TTP Group is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.