Experienced Cell Biologist (PD/CMC)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Are you looking to advance your career in a multidisciplinary environment and make a unique impact in the Cell and Gene industry from day one?
At TTP multidisciplinary teams of scientists, engineers and designers collaborate closely to solve complex problems and create disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
Our work has resulted in the successful development and commercialisation of ground-breaking products in regenerative medicine, cell and gene therapy and bioprocessing.
We are now looking for a commercially experienced Cell Biologist with a keen interest in developing new tools, methodologies, and technologies for cell and tissue related applications.
In this role you will use your technical expertise in Cell Biology, Immunology and Process Development – demonstrating scientific leadership and excellence. You will also take on project leadership responsibility and represent TTP in client meetings. Your goal will be to identify commercial opportunities and develop enabling technologies that contribute to the growth of our business.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in cell biology, immunology, or a related discipline, and an experimental PhD
- Commercially relevant experience in cell/gene therapy or regenerative medicine in a GMP, GCLP, GxP environment
- Experience in up- and downstream cell bioprocessing (e.g. isolation of primary cells, sterility testing and other relevant aspects)
- Practical understanding of the regulatory requirements for biological product manufacturing
- Scientific curiosity and excellent problem solving capabilities
- An ability to work collaboratively across interdisciplinary teams, with excellent communication skills
In addition, experience in the following would be desirable:
- Complex gene editing technologies such as CRISPR CAS, Base- or Prime-editing
- Cancer biology
- Immunology experience or Stem cell experience e.g. creation of iPSCs, differentiation of MSCs and stem cell fate
- 3D cell culture, culture on scaffolds, biomaterials
- Track record of Technology transfer from R&D to clinical work would be a plus
We offer an exceptional range of benefits, including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.