Firmware Engineer - Awerian
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Awerian provides research and development services that extend and enhance the ability of the United Kingdom and its Allies to defend themselves and to protect the future prosperity of their citizens. This encompasses ideas generation to address challenging problems, the rapid design and implementation of technology demonstrators, through to complete product design and transfer manufacture. Awerian operates collaboratively or stand-alone and configures its working practices to address the needs of specific projects.
Awerian is a TTP Group company recently formed from an internal team within TTP plc which had been working in defence and related areas for more than 10 years.
We are looking for a Firmware / DSP Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team working on cutting edge technology in the Defence sector.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in several of the following: FPGA technologies and usage; DSP design; DSP modelling; implementation in HDL; simulation and testbenches; hardware level debug; design with embedded soft processors and system-on-chips
- Experience in the following is also highly desirable: high-speed electronics design; embedded software development and testing; algorithm design
- Proven technical capabilities including the design and development of technology solutions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a business environment
- Strong experimental and problem-solving skills
- Applicants must be able to hold a UK security clearance
Awerian Ltd is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Profit related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.