Graduate Electronics Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
As an electronic engineer at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies, developing electronic hardware that makes a difference to people’s lives and to our clients’ businesses.
This role will suit someone who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You can expect to be involved in all aspects of technology and product development – from invention and analysis, to prototype design, testing, and transfer to manufacturing – and for the technologies you work on to have a wide range of applications, whether it’s battery-free medical implants or multi-GHz industrial compute platforms.
Whilst support and mentoring are available from Day One, we won’t look over your shoulder or enforce a rigid training scheme on you. Consultant Electronic Engineers at TTP are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to very quickly develop; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of science and technology and learning about market trends. As you gain experience, you will find yourself beginning to identify new business opportunities for TTP to grow.
If you have excellent academic credentials, want a varied career, and would enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that this vacancy has no deadline because we recruit on a rolling basis for most of the year. Once we have hired all the graduates we are able to accommodate, we will have to close the application. If you find the application closed in future, either apply speculatively or just hang on and you should find that we re-open it in the Autumn.
- A 1st or 2:1 in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline. You will be bright, with a strong academic record demonstrating a good grasp of the first principles of your subject
- Ability to generate theoretical and empirical evidence
- Insatiable curiosity. We want people who love to learn and get to the heart of a problem – and who do so enthusiastically! Whether it’s exploring new technology, unfamiliar engineering principles, or how a business operates, you dig down to generate valuable insight
- Communication Skills. On projects, you can expect to be working with people from all scientific disciplines, and you will be working with a range of clients, not all of whom have technical backgrounds. Being able to communicate your understanding and explain your ideas is important
- Drive. You take on new responsibilities, use your own initiative and seek new objectives, pursuing them with tenacity and pragmatism
- You enjoy making things! As a company, this is what we do, so you should find it fun to use your technical expertise in a practical way in order to craft tangible results.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new, purpose-built, sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dependents), cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Enhanced family friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Hybrid working – we value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.