Graduate Electronics Engineer - Cellular Highways
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cellular Highways Ltd is a TTP spin-out company building a new generation of cell sorter instruments for cell therapies , cancer treatment and other biotech applications. We invented a new microfluidics sorting technology, vortex actuated cell sorting (VACS), that allows us to reduce the cost and complexity of cell sorting and achieve far greater throughput than existing platforms. Our aim is to make cell sorting accessible to every laboratory as well as enabling new clinical applications.
Cell sorters are complex instruments requiring a multidisciplinary team covering optics, fluidics, biology, mechanical design, MEMS manufacturing, electronics, signal processing, software and firmware. As an electronics specialist in Cellular highways, you will help develop the real-time electronics and control systems required for high throughput cell sorting. We are supported by our parent company TTP Plc, which gives us access tomicro leading technical experience outside our team’s core skills.
Day-to-day tasks will vary between electronics design, microcontroller programming, testing, possibly FPGA programming, whilst working within our multidisciplinary team towards our next generation instrument. As we are a small core team, there is ample opportunity to get involved in aspects of development outside your discipline (for example, clean room training and prototype chip manufacturing).
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class Electronic Engineering degree from a leading university
- Good low-level analysis and understanding of electronic circuits
- Enthusiasm for designing things and making them work
- Happy to learn skills outside your discipline
- Effective communication skills
- Coding skills in C, Python or other languages
- Experience in schematic capture programs and understanding the processes in PCB layout
- Hobbyist electronics, e.g., Arduino
- Prior experience in analogue and digital electronics circuit design, interfacing with a variety of sensors and actuators
- FPGA experience
Cellular Highways is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.