Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Kickstart your career with a bang by joining our consultants, together we invent the technology of the future.
As a graduate mechanical engineer at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies that make a difference to people’s lives, grow our clients’ businesses and help our business thrive.
This role will suit someone with an interest in mechanical engineering, who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You can expect to be involved in all aspects of technology and product development: from invention, to analysis and computational modelling, to prototype design and transfer to manufacturing. The diversity in our work means that you can find yourself making a difference in a wide range of application areas – for example, saving patients’ eyesight by positioning implants accurately in their eye, or making power tools safer and easier to use.
Whilst support and mentoring are available from Day One, we won’t look over your shoulder or enforce a rigid training scheme on you. Consultants at TTP are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to very quickly develop; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of science and technology and learning about market trends. As you gain experience, you will find yourself beginning to identify new business opportunities for TTP to grow.
If you have excellent academic credentials, want a varied career, and would enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that this vacancy has no deadline because we recruit on a rolling basis for most of the year. Once we have hired all the graduates we are able to accommodate, we will have to close the application. If you find the application closed in future, either apply speculatively or just hang on and you should find that we re-open it in the Autumn.
- A 1st or 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline. You will need to demonstrate a good grasp of the first principles of your subject, and an enjoyment of applying theoretical knowledge to real-world problems.
- Communication Skills. On projects, you can expect to be working with people from all scientific disciplines, and you will be working with a range of clients, not all of whom have technical backgrounds. Being able to communicate your understanding and explain your ideas is important
Its not all about what we want though, these things will make TTP the right place for you:
- You will feel at home here if you love learning and getting to the heart of a problem.
- You will thrive if you enjoy taking on new responsibilities and using your own initiative to seek new objectives.
- If you like to use your technical knowledge in a practical way to create cool things, you will be surrounded by likeminded people.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable