Graduate Mechanical Engineering 2023
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP, you will be trusted and given responsibility rapidly, you will become part of a community, and get the opportunity to work on projects with various technical focuses, from medical devices to furthering sustainability.
As a graduate mechanical engineer at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies that make a difference to people’s lives.
TTP is an independent technology company where scientists and engineers collaborate to invent, design, and develop new products and technologies which make a difference to people’s lives. We work with the world’s most ambitious companies to address diverse, deep technology problems, from creating a device that supports people with a medical condition, to designing complex instrumentation that helps scientists solve their own puzzling questions.
This role will suit someone with a broad interest in mechanical engineering, who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You can expect to be involved in all aspects of technology and product development: from invention, to analysis, to prototype design and transfer to manufacturing. The diversity in our work means that you can find yourself making a difference in a wide range of application areas – for example, saving patients by making cancer diagnosis faster and cheaper, or building a state-of-the-art microfluidics platform for novel drug discovery techniques.
Whilst support and mentoring are available from Day One, we won’t look over your shoulder or enforce a rigid training scheme on you. Consultants at TTP are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to very quickly develop; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of science and technology and learning about market trends. As you gain experience, you will find yourself beginning to identify new opportunities for TTP to grow and contribute to the evolution of the business.
If you have excellent academic credentials, want a varied career, and would enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note that this vacancy has no deadline because we recruit on a rolling basis for most of the year. Once we have hired all the graduates, we are able to accommodate, we will have to close the application. If you find the application closed in future, we still consider strong applicants so you can apply speculatively.
- A strong academic record and a 1st or 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Demonstration of a good grasp of the first principles of your subject and the ability to apply these to understanding and developing new products.
- Some evidence of practical applications of your degree, whether this is through university, previous work experience, or extra-curricular activities.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to colleagues and clients working in diverse fields.
We know that success isn’t just about fulfilling our requirements, you’ll also want to think about what makes us appealing to you:
You will feel at home here if you love learning and getting to the heart of a problem. You will thrive if you enjoy taking on new responsibilities and using your own initiative to seek new objectives. If you like to use your technical knowledge in a practical way to create cool things, you will be surrounded by likeminded people here at TTP.
So why not join us on this journey as we continue to invent, innovate and inspire future technological advances. Whatever your specialty, you’ll never be bored at TTP.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day fresh fruit, snacks and hot and cold drinks
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Enhanced family friendly maternity and paternity leave
- Our activities and community fund supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.
- Hybrid working – we value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new, purpose-built, sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dependents), cycle to work scheme, plus: