Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP is looking for a Graduate Physicist to work on innovative product and technology challenges. This is an opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most interesting technology advances. A graduate product development physicist considers problems as they really are and applies technical insight and experience to identify what matters, enabling decision making and guiding product design.
As a consultant at TTP you will not only be actively contributing to a wide variety of cutting edge technology projects, you’ll be developing commercial propositions and creating new business for the company. We bring deep knowledge, insight and experience to the technical challenges that our clients face, as well as developing our own technologies.
We do not operate a formal graduate scheme, rather you will start work on a live project and receive on the job mentoring. Typical projects are agile and multidisciplinary, involving close-knit teams of scientists and engineers. As a graduate at TTP there are few barriers to your progress, but we provide the support and guidance to expand your technical and commercial experience.You will be developing products and technologies that are game-changing in areas as diverse as life science, medical devices, instrumentation, sensing, communications, industrial products, and security systems.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges. Your contribution will be immediate in active projects involving a mixture of lab-based technology development alongside commercially-focused, client-facing interactions.
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading university in physics or related discipline.
- A very strong understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and thermodynamics, including analytical, theoretical, experimental and creative capabilities
- A track record of creating insight that sets the direction in practical, technical projects
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and authoritatively
- Experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed
- A desire to improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.