Cambridge, United Kingdom
As a physicist at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies.
This role will suit someone who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You can expect to be involved in all aspects of technology and product development – from invention, to analysis and computational modelling, to prototype design and the transfer to manufacturing. These can be in a wide range of application areas – for example developing robust gas sensors to keep firefighters safe or creating electronically variable spectacle lenses that help those suffering from presbyopia.
Whilst support and mentoring are available from Day One, we won’t look over your shoulder or enforce a rigid training scheme on you. Consultant Physicists at TTP are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to very quickly develop; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of science and technology and learning about market trends. As you gain experience, you will find yourself beginning to identify new business opportunities for TTP to grow.
If you have excellent academic credentials, want a varied career, and would enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
- A 1st or 2:1 in Physics or a related discipline. You will be bright with a strong academic record demonstrating a good grasp of the first principles of your subject
- Ability to generate theoretical and empirical evidence
- Insatiable curiosity. We want people who love to learn and get to the heart of a problem – and who do so enthusiastically! Whether it’s exploring new technology, unfamiliar engineering principles, or how a business operates, you dig down to generate valuable insight
- Communication Skills. On projects, you can expect to be working with people from all scientific disciplines, and you will be working with a range of clients, not all of whom have technical backgrounds. Being able to communicate your understanding and explain your ideas is important
- Drive. You take on new responsibilities, use your own initiative and seek new objectives, pursuing them with tenacity and pragmatism
- You enjoy making things! As a company, this is what we do, so you should find it fun to use your technical expertise in a practical way in order to craft tangible results.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.