Graduate Software Engineer 2023
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Do you want to use your skills to make a real tangible difference to people’s lives?
As a software engineer at TTP, you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies, that will positively impact the individuals who use them.
This role will suit someone who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You could find yourself working in all aspects of software development – from concept generation and algorithm design to implementation in embedded and cloud-based resources. There is a large variety of software work at TTP, and you will have autonomy to work on the projects which interest you the most and fit your skillset.
For example, you could be developing neural networks for human-multi-robot collaborative teams or helping expand the next generation of network connectivity.
Whilst support and mentoring are available from day one, we won’t look over your shoulder or enforce a rigid training scheme on you. Consultant Software Engineers at TTP are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions. With a collaborative working environment filled with supportive peers, you can expect to very quickly develop; not only enhancing your technical skills but expanding your understanding of entirely new fields of science and technology and learning about market trends.
If you have excellent academic credentials, want a varied career, and would enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex challenges, then we would love to hear from you.
- A 1st or 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. You will be bright, with a strong academic record demonstrating a good grasp of the first principles of your subject.
- Coding experience in at least one of Python, C, or C++. You should have experience of writing substantial pieces of software, and you should be able to read and understand code written by others.
- Communication Skills. Being able to communicate your understanding and explain your ideas is an important aspect of consultancy.
We know that success isn’t just about fulfilling our requirements, you’ll also want to think about what makes us appealing to you:
You will feel at home here if you love learning and getting to the heart of a problem. You will thrive if you enjoy taking on new responsibilities and using your own initiative to seek new objectives. If you like to use your technical knowledge in a practical way to create cool things, you will be surrounded by likeminded people here at TTP.
So why not join us on this journey as we continue to invent, innovate and inspire future technological advances. Whatever your specialty, you’ll never be bored at TTP.
Please note that this vacancy has no deadline because we recruit on a rolling basis. Once we have hired all the graduates, we can accommodate each year, we will have to close the vacancy. If you find the application closed in future, either apply speculatively or just hang on and you should find that we re-open the job later in the year.
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard, or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We therefore encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. We value our collaborative culture, and the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and to the business. We also understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6 x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable