Head of Product Engineering - Neurotech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
By partnering with the world's most ambitious companies, TTP’s consultant engineers and scientists are developing the next generation of implantable devices. We’re creating breakthrough neurotechnologies for conditions such as epilepsy, sleep apnoea, Parkinson’s, tinnitus, and chronic pain. Your technical insights and operational oversight will help shape this global innovation race.
As the Head of Product Engineering, you’ll lead the design and transfer to manufacture of complex active implantable medical devices - from proof-of-concept through to market launch. You’ll oversee a diverse and fascinating range of front-end projects in this rapidly developing field. Each new discovery will have a far-reaching impact.
Working closely and strategically with our Neurotech Team Lead, you’ll help consolidate and cultivate TTP’s customer base in this market, building and mentoring a team of technical experts with the potential to grow further and support other parts of TTP’s Health Tech business.
This newly created role is integral to our goal of realising the extraordinary opportunities available within the Neurotech domain. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects for TTP’s clients as well as growing the team’s capabilities through supportive line management, mentoring and strategic recruitment. You’ll be regularly encouraged by colleagues to share your lived experience of medical device development.
Other key objectives and responsibilities will include:
- Project leadership - including program management, technical leadership, resource management, and client relationship management. You’ll also get to support business development by meeting potential clients, putting together project plans, and writing proposals.
- Operational responsibility for the delivery of projects on time, to budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Drawing on your experience of developing and launching medical devices, you’ll also be able to advise colleagues and clients on the appropriate product development and regulatory processes. Your insights into risk management will directly impact design and manufacturing decisions.
- Contributing to the strategy for the Neurotechnology market team to enhance TTP’s Active Implantable Medical Device (AIMD) product engineering capabilities over the next 3 years.
You’re likely to be invited to interview if your application includes:
- Details of how you have led the engineering of a novel AIMD from development through to clinical trials or product launch.
- Evidence of your team management and/or project leadership experience.
- A system-level understanding of neuromodulation device design and risk management having worked under 13485 (or equivalent).
- A degree in Engineering or a related discipline with a track record of academic excellence.
During the interview process, you’ll also be encouraged to demonstrate your communication skills and your ability to explain complex concepts to technical audiences.
As an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Melbourn, just south of Cambridge, our working culture encourages shared ideas and collaboration along with the freedom to do your best work.
At TTP, you’ll get to tackle problems that make a tangible difference on a global scale. Every step of the way, you’ll be supported by multi-disciplinary teams of scientists, engineers, and designers. The whole structure of TTP is designed to help you thrive. With little hierarchy, there are no corporate hoops to jump through.
We’re a business of individuals – however, it's our deep-seated curiosity around technology that brings us together, and it drives what we do.
- Annual profit-related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to lunch clubs including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and TTP’s own rock band
- Access and discounts to local sports facilities and theatre tickets
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable
If you’re ready to use your product engineering management skills to impact global neurotechnology, apply now.
Every application will receive a response.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.