Head of Recruitment
Cambridge, United Kingdom
People have been the foundation of TTP’s success over thirty years. As Head of Recruitment within TTP you will develop and implement a strategy which attracts and recruits the great people who will drive our business into the future.
In this role you will grow strong, collaborative, and trusted relationships with the diverse groups and individuals within our business who are involved in recruitment. Adopting a consultative approach, and comfortable working with many stakeholders, you and your team will address TTP’s immediate recruitment needs – while at the same time shaping and adapting our recruitment function for the future.
In the competitive Cambridge environment, you will work with our Marketing team to enhance awareness of TTP among potential applicants and to promote TTP’s employer value proposition. You will also establish and lead new strategic partnerships which enable us to reach more potential recruits, more effectively. You will be an ambassador for our business, speaking at external events to promote the opportunity that we offer to prospective candidates.
You will manage our recruitment team and will be involved alongside our Head of HR in developing our people strategy, reflecting the importance of recruitment to our business. Working closely with our wider HR team, Marketing, and others, you will ensure that TTP’s recruitment-related activities are aligned with wider strategy across our business.
The essential requirements for this role are
- A track-record in the recruitment of scientists and engineers, including in-house recruitment experience. This will include working knowledge of established recruitment channels in the UK and beyond and how to exploit these effectively.
- Experience of developing recruitment strategy, demonstrating curiosity, analysis and big-picture insight in your approach together with coherent delivery of strategy at the operational level. Experience of leading teams, with a collaborative and supportive leadership style.
- At least three years working in in-house recruitment, preferably within ‘flat’ organisations and/or partnership-based businesses.
- Experience of leading teams, with a collaborative and supportive leadership style.
- Strong communication skills, including a consultative ‘listening’ attitude and the demonstrated ability to explore and resolve objections.
The following skills and experience will be an advantage:
- An understanding of science and engineering competencies across mechanical, electronic and software engineering, the lifesciences, and physics.
- Experience of both marketing-based (inbound) and direct-sourcing (outbound) recruitment.
- Experience of recruitment marketing and communications.
- Experience of developing and articulating employer value propositions.
- Experience within a technology consulting business.
Please submit your CV including evidence showing how you meet the requirements above.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.