Human Factors Consultant, Diagnostics
Cambridge, United Kingdom
TTP develops ground-breaking technologies across the Life Sciences sector, saving lives and advancing life science research. For these world-class devices to achieve success, cutting edge technology is not enough: they must also exhibit state-of-the-art usability and ergonomics and must comply with the latest HF regulations.
With worldwide demand spiralling, TTP’s Diagnostics team needs you to expand their Human Factors and User-Centred Design capabilities. Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, you will help to define, design, develop and test new diagnostic devices, always keeping the needs of the users at the centre of the product development process.
You will bring a range of research and analytical techniques to understand different users, stakeholders, environments, and trends in how diagnostics are delivered. You will use this understanding to help identify opportunities for new or improved technologies, products & services, and to define patient and user requirements.
Your expertise and creativity will translate insights into meaningful design directions, and, in partnership with the scientists and engineers in your team, your understanding of usability will ensure that the diagnostic devices we develop are demonstrably safe and intuitive to use.
Beyond your daily focus on Diagnostics, you will interact and partner with the wider Human Factors, User-Centred Design, UX and Industrial Design community at TTP. Many exciting breakthroughs and inspirational internal projects arise from these cross-fertilisations and your freedom to contribute across sectors will ensure you get the most out of working in this environment.
- A 1st or Upper 2nd class first degree or higher from a leading university in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Psychology, UX or a related discipline. Candidates with Product Design qualifications who have extensive experience in Human Factors roles will also be considered
- Experience developing and conducting formative and summative user-based studies
- Experience designing and developing diagnostic or very similar devices for commercial use
- A strong understanding of the theory and application of Usability , Human Factors and User Experience Design
- Empathy and a passion for involving the User in the product development process
- A track record of deploying various research methods with clients, users, and stakeholders to deliver insights into research, technology or advanced product development projects
- Understanding of relevant HFE regulatory requirements and a structured approach to addressing these
- Demonstrated experience of co-ordinating and reporting formative and summative studies for regulated products
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently with people at all levels.
We offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.