Human Factors/UX Consultant
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, you will be helping to define and develop new medical devices and digital experiences that make a difference to healthcare systems and improve the lives of patients. Whether it’s a wearable device and connected ecosystem to help monitor aspects of a patient’s condition, or a new surgical imaging system to enhance a complex procedure, you will ensure that the needs, abilities and behaviours of people are central to the product development process.
You will adopt a range of research and analytical techniques to understand different stakeholders, environments and trends in how healthcare is delivered. You will use this understanding to help identify opportunities for new or improved technologies, products and services; and also to define customer and user requirements. As an integral part of technology and product development, you will design and lead usability studies to inform early concepts and ensure safety of final designs.
We will be relying on your creativity and curiosity to translate insights into meaningful design directions. We will be relying on your team-working and communication skills to ensure that we incorporate user considerations and make the right design trade-offs. We will also be relying on your meticulous approach to understanding and documenting usability, ensuring that the medical devices we develop are safe and intuitive to use.
- Academic excellence. A strong degree Human Factors, Ergonomics, Psychology or a related discipline. We will also consider those with Product Design qualifications.
- Passion for Human Factors and User Experience Design
- Applied creativity
- A very strong understanding of the fundamentals of usability
- A track record of creating insight that sets the direction in your research, technology or advanced product development projects
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently with people at all levels, to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Professional experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed
- A desire to improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and to take on increasing responsibilities
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.