Industrial Design Consultant - Life Sciences
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP, teams of scientists, engineers, and designers collaboratively solve challenging problems, deploying fundamental science in creating disruptive technologies. Our clients range from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most respected companies in Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Designer to join our Life Science division. Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams, you will help to define, design, develop and test ground-breaking technologies across the Life Sciences sector, always keeping the needs of users at the centre of the product development process.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your expertise and contribute to challenging and varied projects that advance research and save lives. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring our devices are safe and intuitive to use.
As an ideal candidate you will have the following:
- Substantial experience in an Industrial Design consultancy or an in-house development team
- A strong understanding of the theory and application of Usability, and User Centred Design
- Proven experience deploying research methods to deliver insights and steer design direction for complex, mechanical products
- An understanding of the relevant Human Factors Engineering regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work effectively with colleagues from other disciplines, and liaise directly with clients
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating your visual flair and experience working on multidisciplinary product design and development project.
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in Product Design, Human Factors, Ergonomics, or related discipline
- Experience working in Life Sciences or Healthcare would be beneficial but not essential
Inclusion and Diversity
Our business revolves around collaborating with one another to tackle genuinely hard problems. Equality and diversity in the workplace are some of the most challenging problems facing society. We can’t profess to be perfect in this regard or to yet have all the answers. But we continuously strive to do better, and we fundamentally believe in the power and importance of diversity – both for our community and for the overall success of our business.
We, therefore, encourage applications from all individuals. Whatever your background, whatever your identity: we would love to hear from you.
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, 10 miles south of Cambridge. We’re currently building our brand-new sustainable offices and labs in the same location.
Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We value the collaborative culture we’ve built and see the benefit in-person interaction brings to our colleagues and the business. However, we understand the importance of work-life balance and offer freedom and flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
Our employee benefits include:
- Annual profit-related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
- Free lunch and all-day refreshments
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Life insurance worth 6x salary
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- An activities and community fund that supports healthy activities that bring colleagues together; whether it’s lunchtime squash or football, Zumba or TTP’s own rock band. Colleagues initiate new clubs and outings whenever they feel there’s something missing!
- Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.