Ink Laboratory Coordinator - Tonejet
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tonejet Limited designs, manufactures and markets industrial digital printing technology and equipment, based on our unique electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our focus is on digital printing of metal packaging, with plans to broaden into other markets in the future. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth with beta trials running in Canada and the UK, and new installations being planned.
We are a subsidiary of TTP Group, one of Europe’s leading technology companies.
Working as an integral part of the fluids production and development team, the successful candidate will support the team in the preparation of specialised inks from laboratory scale through to manufacture. The role will include:
- Supporting ink and fluids development team
- Reordering of consumables
- Point of contact for ERP software
- Coordinating with waste disposal companies, various orders of consumables
- Production and scale-up support
- Calibration and servicing of equipment.
- Preparing and filtering inks from pigment dispersions
- Carrying out analytical measurements on samples of dispersions collected during milling operations
- Contributing to other areas of ink teamwork, including supporting the milling of pigment dispersions through setting up, operating and cleaning bead mills, working alongside Tonejet’s Ink Scientists
- Assisting with the smooth, safe and efficient running of the lab, including helping to keep the laboratory tidy and well stocked
- Coordinating ink production for internal and external customers
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with computerised stock control systems, as well as hands on laboratory experience and/or experience of working in a production environment where inks or other fluids are prepared.
- Proactive, self-motivated and resourceful with ability to work effectively in teams
- Capability and enthusiasm for learning new skills. Training will be provided in all aspects of the job
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, where priorities may change at short notice
- Basic competence with standard IT packages, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good numerical skills, an ability to record observations (attention to detail) and measurements for sharing with colleagues
- Training in the packaging of hazardous goods an advantage
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from beautiful surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.