Junior Software Engineer - Cellular Highways
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cellular Highways is building the next generation of cell sorter instruments for cell therapies, cancer treatment and other biotech applications. With our invention of a new microfluidics sorting technology, vortex actuated cell sorting (VACS), we can reduce the cost and complexity of cell sorting and achieve far greater throughput than existing platforms. Our aim is to make cell sorting accessible to every laboratory as well as enabling new clinical applications.
We are a spin-out company from TTP plc (The Technology Partnership) an established technology consulting firm with a successful track record of launching new businesses with disruptive technologies.
Are you looking for an exciting role in a well-funded biotech start-up?
If you are the sort of tenacious individual who gets their kicks from battling challenging, practical engineering problems and delights in seeing technology spring into life, this role will suit you. We are open minded about your current career background but envisage this role will suit an ambitious, recent top-graduate looking for their first position or perhaps seeking to rapidly expand their horizons beyond a first early career position.
We are looking for a bright, ambitious, and highly motivated software engineer, with a passion for practical, hands-on development. You will work in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team to create solutions which are far greater than the sum of their parts. Our software requires smooth and reliable integration of many complex sub-systems to allow our product to achieve world beating performance and an excellent user experience.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- An excellent academic background with a top-class degree from a leading university in electronics / software engineering, computer science, or a physical science
- Strong programming skills, with ability to write robust and elegant code
- Experience developing software applications and GUIs using C# and Python in a Windows environment
- Familiarity with good software and systems engineering practices, with ability to capture, understand and respond to critical user requirements
Additionally, familiarity with the following would be desirable:
- Using machine vision or image processing to automate instruments – possibly with libraries such as OpenCV
- Working with embedded processors (such as STM32) and Field Programmable Gate Arrays in complex real-time systems
- Employer pension contribution of 12%
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.