Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we create innovative products and breakthrough technologies for our clients, ranging from global market leaders to ambitious start-ups. TTP's labs are at the cutting edge of innovation providing an environment for the most creative engineers and scientists to push the world forward.
We currently have an opportunity for a Laboratory Assistant who thrives in a busy and fast paced environment and can keep focus on the job in hand, while at the same time be flexible in their day-to-day activities.
Strong teamworking skills and excellent communication are essential - you'll work as part of the Lab Facilities team to provide labs for a company with constantly changing needs. In exchange you will be fully supported in your role and will work in a happy, thriving and exciting workplace.
Reporting to the Laboratory Coordinator, we expect your role to grow to cover the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the lab stores including checking and ordering consumables, redistributing to satellite areas as necessary, logging equipment usage and arranging calibration and repair.
- Provisions of assistance to lab users on how to use the lab, where to find things and who to talk to about specific needs.
- Helping lab users clean up and dispose of equipment at the end of a project so space can be rapidly returned to use.
- Daily housekeeping including tidying shared areas, glass washing and coordinating lab coat cleaning.
Applicants will be considered on a full-time or part-time basis (3 days per week minimum).
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Enthusiastic service-based attitude, eager to help provide quality labs for the company
- Experience with electronic data entry systems (e.g. spreadsheets, databases)
- Experience in a similar hands on/operational role
- Minimum A*-C grades in GCSE English & Maths
Desirable qualities for this role are:
- Take pride in doing a great job
- Be happy with a hands-on role
- Ability to learn quickly
- Be organised and a self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and own the provision of certain areas of the lab
- Comfortable with excel spreadsheets
- Helpful and patient
TTP Group is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on Melbourn Science Park, near Cambridge. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas, and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- Profit related bonus
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.