Lead UX Designer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
At TTP we invent, design and develop new healthcare products and technologies that transform people’s lives. We believe change is something you make. Our collaborative approach combines science, design and engineering with the application of new technologies to transform patient lives and commercial outcomes.
We are looking for a curious UX/digital product designer with an insightful approach to product design, who easily engages with colleagues and customers. You enjoy inventing and designing both digital and connected physical products that look, feel and function in a way that engage people emotionally and practically. You approach problem solving creatively, with deep empathy. You are not afraid to question conventions in the search for the best possible solution for the end user.
You will be part of multidisciplinary teams of engineers, designers and scientists who have played a key role in the successful development and commercialisation of ground-breaking products in a myriad of fields including drug delivery, surgical and diagnostics. We think beyond single product solutions, applying science, design and engineering to the creation of new strategies, systems, and entirely new businesses.
You will be given the space to invent, the freedom to act, and the trust to deliver. You will be expected to think both strategically and pragmatically, balancing the possible with the probable.
To get some insight in our recent development of a ground-breaking digital therapeutic app to support the treatment of people who struggle with regulating their emotions visit: https://www.ttp.com/work/cases/em-ttps-digital-the...
To apply for this role please don't forget to upload your portfolio under 'additional upload' or share a link on the application form.
- An eye for visual design
- A passion for helping people live healthier lives
- Demonstrable substantial experience in digital / connected product and user interface design experience
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Experience working with product and software development teams
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as (but not limited to) Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision etc
- Experience working agile and in sprint scenarios
- A Degree in Human-Computer Interaction design or a related design discipline
Nice to haves
- Experience designing for IOT or connected device ecosystems
- Proven ability to translate user insight into actionable product features and solutions
- In-field user testing experience
- Experience facilitating and participating in usability testing of new software and hardware products with end users
- Project management experience
TTP is an employee-owned business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We offer employee benefits such as your usual 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, plus:
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Annual profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Life insurance up to 6 times salary
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.